This is a very sweet letter we received from Grandma Farnsworth today. I love reading her memories and her testimony. I am so grateful to know her and love her dearly.
My Dearest Joe and Laura:
My Dearest Joe and Laura:
I have been thinking for such a long time what wonderful
memories I could share with you concerning your wonderful family and
especially dear James. The first memories that come to mind when he
joined your Spencer as a little brother was when your folks were in
Korea and you would come to our home. I remember so well this darling
little boy and how much he loved to sit on his father's lap or finally
be held over Joe's shoulder and have his back rubbed and tickled while
he relaxed and often fell asleep. I know there were pictures taken at
that time that were on other people's cameras but unfortunately I do not
have any of them to share. I treasured the time when all of the
Farnsworth boys, their wives and children would come to visit and make
my home theirs while their folks were gone.
I especially remember a year ago in March when all of you were
in Orem with your parents after the funeral of your grandmother
Cummings. I was not doing too well because of some back problems but
either Ann or Betsy brought me to Rick's home and I was able to see all
of you. Just as I got inside the children came running up the stairs and
greeted me with hugs and kisses, James, Grace Anne, Spencer, Hallie,
Andrew, Katelyn, all in a mad rush to see who could be first. All
hurried and went back down stairs and then James turned around and came
back to give great-grandma another hug and kiss. I will never forget
your sweet James with his adorable giggle, ready smile, and loud voice
of greeting. What a treasure.
If I didn't know with such assurance of the blessings of eternal
life with our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ I could not go on but
this I do know with all of my heart and I know that James is doing
missionary work for all of us along with Mimi, Taylor and Jacob. I will
always be grateful for my wonderful great-grandchildren here on earth
and those already in heaven awaiting our arrival when the time comes. I
am certain that their grandfather Farnsworth is having a wonderful time
with all of them.
I hope you feel my prayers and my constant love for you both
and for Spencer and Grace Anne. The blessings of Heaven await those who
are faithful and you certainly are entitled to as many as you need.
With all the love I have to offer, Grandma
Thank you Grandma~We love you!!!
Thank you Grandma~We love you!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment