background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Families are Forever

I have slacked the last couple of days in contributing to this blog.  I will endeavor to do better.  I have been impressed with two things today.  First, Jesus knows and loves each of us.  He has brought so much peace to my heart over this past year and I am eternally grateful for that.  Much of that peace has come from the comfort of family and friends.  Thanks to all of you! You make my life complete.  Second, families are forever through Heavenly Father's plan.  I'm so glad for this reassuring knowledge.  I love my family.  My sweet Laura, my sweet Spencer Whencer, my sweet Jamie James, my sweet Gracie Lou .  I love them all so very much.  I miss James a ton.  I have been thinking lately how he would go running with me last spring.  When I say running, he would ride his bike and I would huff and puff to try and catch up.  He asked me one morning last May why I was running so much.  I told him that it was because I was getting ready to run a race.  (I had signed up for the St. George Marathon but didn't ever do it).  He said, "Dad, if you run a race, I will have a sign with a big 'G' on it for 'Go Joe!'"  I know he's up there in Heaven with his sign right now.  Go Daddy, Go Mommy, Go Spencer, Go Gracie.  Each time I miss James, I just hug Spencer or Grace and that helps the pain and longing.  I'm so glad I'll get to see my Jamie James again and hug, kiss, play and jog with him again.  Love you Jamie James!

No comments:

Post a Comment