background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm trying to be Like Jesus

Okay so here are a few professional grade videos of the family singing and dancing.  I picked these for Sunday because they are church songs.  This first one is the song Be strong, they are dancing to it.  This was a favorite of the kids, especially Spencer and James.  They listened to it over and over and finally had it memorized.  I like this dancing video because James is laughing and being his crazy self!  Fun to see the kids so care free!  I love that James keeps kissing his big guns cause he is so strong!  


This is the kids singing Be strong for my parents.  For the funeral I asked Michelle if she would get a couple of young women and young men from our ward to sing for the funeral.  They had sung it in a meeting a few months back and that is when the kids and I had heard it for the first time.  We found it online and seriously listened to it about 20 times one morning.  We all loved it!  Joe burned it onto a cd for the boys bedtime.  I didn't realize that he had copied the version that has all the languages on it.  For the next few weeks I would hear the kids mumbling the song.  I thought they weren't learning the words but after a few weeks of this I realized that they were singing it in other languages.    So Michelle was in charge of the song for the funeral, I was seriously only expecting that about 5 or 6 would be able to.  Holy cow there were like thirty and they all wore green, James favorite color.  It was like an army of angels singing for us.  I remember that Spencer who had been so sick to his stomach sat up and listened and I saw a couple tears go down his cheek.  He was so sick and sad that day, I know he felt the Spirit while they sang,  I was so glad they sang it just for him.  Then we sang it for girls camp.  I had a hard time practicing singing it because there is one line in there that says when you stand for something right and stand alone, remember someone else stands by you in our Heavenly home.  I couldn't get through that song without crying.  When we got to singing trees it was raining so we ended up doing it in the covered amphitheater.  It amplified the singing and we had Joe accompanied us on the guitar, the singing was so pure and loud, can't explain that moment but it is etched in y mind as amazing! It was one of the most spiritual songs I've ever heard.  Love it!


James would always sing this song.  He doesn't do it on this recording but there is a part that says, at times I am tempted to make a wrong choice, and he would always say, at timed I've attempted to make a wrong choice. Yes he did:) I love that he sings so loud.  Imagine him during the primary program or mother's day singing this loud.  He was one of the show singers in the program, unless he was taking his clothes off, then his teacher would have them put them back on and he would start singing loud again, to funny!  
don't think this worked but don't know how to delete it sorry!

  Not sure if anyone is looking at these, if you are, feel free to post something.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. James not only dances like Joe, but he sings like Joe too ;-) And I hadn't realized what a mini-Laura Grace is. These are fun to watch. I'm sure James is wearing out the angels right now - that's a lot of energy packed into that little body. Thanks for the peak into your family.

    ReplyDelete