background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

James's Dancing Blues

Well, I've wanted to post something on our family's blog for a while now.  As Laura said in her last post, memories have really been flooding back to me this past month.  Last year, on May 20th, our sweet Jamie James passed his test here on Earth and moved on to his next estate.  While I am so eternally grateful for the blessing of the Restored Gospel and my knowledge that James is in a better, happier, peace-filled place, I miss him very, very much.  

This Saturday is the Ironman competition here in St. George.  I have had a lot of fun watching this competition the past two years here in St. George.  Last year, I went with Spencer, James and Grace to the pancake breakfast along the route near our old condo in Washington City to watch the cyclists speed past.  We had a lot of fun.  I can still see the kids in my minds eye cheering on the competitors and reminding them to stay off the road so they wouldn't get run over by the cyclists.  I want to do the same thing this Saturday morning with Spencer and Grace and I'll say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to let James come hang out with us that morning.  I think he would enjoy it.  

I have learned so much this past year about how much my sweet family means to me that I don't think I would have learned otherwise.  Spencer and I are closer than we have ever been.  We are not just father and son; we are friends.  I don't care what some people say.  It's important to be your kids friends.  Gracie is my little "sweetie."  This past Sunday halfway through Sacrament meeting I asked her to come sit on my lap and I just held, hugged and kissed her.  It helped to heal my heart.  And Laura...what can I say that would do her justice?  She has been so strong, loving, supportive and there for me this past year.  I am truly blessed of the Lord. 

So, on Monday, May 16, 2011 I captured 30 seconds of James at his finest.  I had an old school, cheap cell phone with cheesy 80's synthesizer music for the ringtones.  He LOVED that phone!!!  When we switched plans and I upgraded to a better phone, I gave him my old phone for his own personal jukebox.  He would flip through the ringtones and dance and dance and dance.  Some of you who knew me in high school and saw me at the school dances will for sure be able to see where James get's his super sweet dancing abilities!  I have written a song which I will be recording soon and posting on this blog called "James's Dancing Blues" because it's the kind of song he would have loved to dance to.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little bit of heaven!  I have this video as the background for the interior screen on my cell phone with the caption: "James Lives!!!"






1 comment:

  1. It's mini-Joe! I recognize some of those moves. I'm sure right now he's working on the did-he-really-just-smack-his-head-into-that-post move that made you famous.

    ReplyDelete